The Big Data Challenge provides UNT students the opportunity to dive into real-world Big Data from global companies to derive actionable insights to real business problems.
What data do you get to work with?
- How hotels can optimize deals to increase revenue
- Identifying pricing strategies based on time-of-day and seasonality patterns in online shopping behavior
- Predict travel bookings based on geographic data
- Determine whether hotel booking forecasts can be improved using airline reservation data
What do you do as a participant?
Participants in the Big Data Challenge will:
- Gain experience with real data sets and business problems
- Interpret data as a means to further course topics
- Develop a case study portfolio to enhance their resume
- Challenge their analytical skills
- Present to business executives, including CEOs, CFOs, and CTOs
- Have fun and win real money